Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Chapter 13 Cornelius Fudge

Harry hears the voices again and Hermione has an epiphany and runs off to the library. A Qudditch match begins but is interrupted by Professor McGonagall who sends everyone back to their common rooms. She takes Ron and Harry to the hospital wing, though, where they discover Hermione and Penelope have been petrified.



"Riddle might have got the wrong person," said Hermione. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people...."

Hermione's right! Doubt Riddle, please. Hagrid is your friend. Tom Riddle is not.

Hermione looked aghast at the news.
"But -- only a Gryffindor could have stolen -- nobody else knows our password --"
"Exactly," said Harry.

I wonder who I originally thought had stolen the diary, if I had suspected anyone at all.

"The voice!" said Harry, looking over his shoulder. "I just heard it again -- didn't you?"
Ron shook his head, wide-eyed. Hermione, however, clapped a hand to her forehead.
"Harry -- I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!"
And she sprinted away, up the stairs.

Hermione, I don't know why I haven't done this before now. You are so clever and helpful. A great friend indeed. Since I have been neglecting awarding you with points I now give you 8 points.

Harry was just mounting his broom when Professor McGonagall came half marching, half running across the pitch, carrying an enormous purple megaphone.
Harry's heart dropped like a stone.
"This match has been canceled," Professor McGonagall called through the megaphone, addressing the packed stadium.

Ah come on! I wanted to read a match with Hufflepuff. Also why didn't McGonagall use Sonorus, eh?


"Percy's in shock," George told Harry quietly. "That Ravenclaw girl -- Penelope Clearwater -- she's a prefect. I don't think he thought the monster would dare attack a prefect."

OR HIS GIRLFRIEND. haha

The door banged shut and Ron pulled off the Invisibility Cloak.
"We're in trouble now," he said hoarsely. "No Dumbledore. They might as well close the school tonight. There'll be an attack a day with him gone."
Fang started howling, scratching at the closed door.

Poor Fang. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment