Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Chapter 11 The Dueling Club

Harry is released from the hospital wing and he finds Ron and Hermione working on the polyjuice potion. The make a distraction in class and steal the rest of supplies needed from Snape's private stores. Lockhart hosts a dueling club. While there, Harry ends up telling a snake to leave Justin Finch-Fletchly alone. People think Harry Potter is the heir of Slytherin even more after that event. Another attack is made and the victims are Justin and Nearly Headless Nick. Harry is taken to Dumbledore's office.



"You haven't seen Ron or Hermione, have you?" said Harry.
"No, I haven't," said Percy, his smile fading. "I hope Ron's not in another girls' toilet..."

Hehehehe. I wonder what Percy thinks they're doing.


"They went for Flich first,' Neville said, his round face fearful. "And everyone knows I'm almost a Squib."

Awwh, Neville. It's okay.

"I wonder who'll be teaching us?" said Hermione as they edged into the chattering crowd. "Someone told me Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was young -- maybe it'll be him."

It would've been nice to see more Flitwick instead of Lockhart. hmph

"So?" said Harry. "I bet loads of people here can do it."
"Oh, no they can't," said Ron. "It's not a very common gift. Harry this is bad."

"It matters," said Hermione, speaking at last in a hushed voice, "because being able to talk to snakes was what Salazar Slytherin was famous for. That's why the symbol of Slytherin House is a serpent." 

ERGH! Speaking Parseltongue doesn't make you evil. Who you are and what capabilities you have do not determine if you are a bad person. Your actions and decisions reveal that. Can't these children understand that! I want to shake their heads and with it have all the nonsense pour out. It's not because I'm right and their wrong or anything like that. It's just that they should know better. They should realize this. I suppose I should give them a break, they're only twelve.

There's too much conversation between the Hufflepuffs for me to quote it but I just have to say they make me feel ashamed to be a Hufflepuff. They should know better than to label Harry so quickly. They won't believe what Harry says. Yes, I know they're scared, especially for Justin. But you can't let fear control you and make foolish decisions. And Harry shouldn't lose his temper so easily.
GAH! I need to stop nitpicking on these characters, I feel bad. Everyone has flaws and novel characters especially do. I just can't stand it when people let their flaws hurt others. :(

"Caught in the act!" Ernie yelled, his face stark white, pointing his finger dramatically at Harry. 

Ernie, stop. :( Your afraid and upset. That doesn't mean you should accuse someone of something so serious. Innocent until proven guilty, Ernie, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment