Friday, May 13, 2011

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Chapter 5 The Dementor

The Hogwarts students ride back to school on the Hogwarts Express. The trio sit in a compartment with and shabby looking wizard who turns out to be their new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. Harry tells his friends how Sirius Black wishes to kill him. During the journey, a dementor comes abroad the train to search for Sirius. Harry is greatly affected and their new teacher, Lupin, sends the dementor away with a spell. When they reach Hogwarts McGonagall wishes to speak with Harry and Hermione (concerning different matters).


I know it says this about the Ministry of Magic wizards:

Mr. Weasley marched Harry across the short stretch of pavement toward the first two old-fashioned dark green cars, each of which was driven by a furtive-looking wizard wearing a suit of emerald velvet.

But I still imagine something a little like this:





"Listen, I want you to give me your word --"
"-- that I'll be a good boy and stay in the castle?" said Harry gloomily.
"Not entirely," said Mr. Weasley, who looked more serious than Harry had ever seen him. "Harry, swear to me that you won't go looking for Black."

Mr. Weasley knows, he knows Harry would want revenge. :(


I don't go looking for trouble," said Harry, nettled. "Trouble usually finds me."


Yes, Harry, but you pursue the trouble. That's the problem.

The train rattled, the rain hammered, the wind roared, but still, Professor Lupin slept.

Hehe, what a bum. :]

"But didn't any of you -- fall off your seats?" said Harry awkwardly.
"No," said Ron, looking anxiously at Harry again. "Ginny was shaking like made, though...."

Harry fainted with good reason, his parents death, the abuse of the Dursleys, but I never noticed Ginny was also deeply affected. Pondering on the matter, I realized she does have a right to be so affected. She had such a traumatic experience, Voldemort possesed her only last year.

"Well, he shoudl have some chocolate, at the very least," said Madam Pomfrey, who was now trying to peer into Harry's eyes.
"I've already had some," said Harry. "Proffesor Lupin gave me some. He gave it to all of us."
"Did he, now?" said Madam Pomfrey approvingly. "So we've finally got a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who knows his remedies?"

Yeah and he's the best DaDA teacher ever!


Hagrid wasn't a fully qualified wizard; he had been expelled from Hogwarts in his third year for a crime he had not committed. It had been Harry, Ron, and Hermione who had cleared Hagrid's name last year.

Does this mean Hagrid is allowed to use magic again? :D

3 comments:

  1. Miranda!!!! I was just reading through some of my old comments and clicked on your name to see if there was any chance you'd started your blog back up or anything, and I found this! I know you haven't posted here in a while, but hopefully you'll see this sometime soon. Been wondering how you're doing lately & would love to catch up with you soon :) Take care beautiful! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was so excited when I found this blog!Then I got sad when I realized it was pretty much dead. :( I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.Your description of the Ministry wizards made me laugh so hard!I wish they really were like this!

    ReplyDelete