Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Chapter 2 Dobby's Warning

 Dobby, a house elf, gives Harry a cryptic warning against going back to Hogwarts. Dobby threatens Harry and ends up getting him in a lot of trouble with the Dursleys.

   
Alright, I know that being a mistreated slave with abusive owners and deciding to go against their will is a huge deal. I totally understand that. It's a difficult thing. However, Dobby has decided he needs to warn Harry Potter. SO WARN HIM! Don't give hints or clues! TELL HIM WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! And for goodness sakes listen to the boy when he tells you to be quiet! DON'T THREATEN HIM! Threatening won't work! I JUST CAN'T SAY ANYMORE BECAUSE I DISLIKE DOBBY SO GREATLY!
 YOU LOSE TWENTY POINTS DOBBY.

Also I greatly dislike how the abuse against Harry is talked about in such a light matter. Abuse is not a laughing matter and I don't find any of it funny.

Rage fest over. And don't worry, I still love the Harry Potter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment