Friday, April 29, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Chapter 4 At Flourish and Blotts

Harry spends days at the Burrow, amazed at the difference in living there. The Weasleys (and Harry) decide to meet up with the Grangers are Diagon Alley and go school shopping together. We meet Lockhart and Lucius Malfoy in person for the first time and Arthur and Lucius have a face down.


"I went on the Underground --"
"Really?" said Mr. Weasley, eagerly. "Were there escapators? How exactly --"

Oh, Mr. Weasley you are grand, a trait I am glad your family all inherited.

Harry looked quickly around and spotted a large black cabinet to his left; he shot inside it and pulled the doors close, leaving a small crack to peer through.

Would that be the vanishing cabinet? Brilliant!

"What's the good of that if I'm not on the House team?" said Malfoy, looking sulky and bad-tempered. "Harry Potter got a Nimbus Two Thousand last year. Special permission from Dumbledore so he could play for Gryffindor. He's not even that good, it's just because he's famous...famous for having a stupid scar on his forehead...."
Malfoy bent down to examine a shelf full of skulls.
"...everyone thinks he's so smart, wonderful Potter with his scar and his broomstick --"
"You have told me this at least a dozen times already," said Mr. Malfoy, with a quelling look at his son. "And I would remind you that it is not -- prudent -- to appear less than fond of Harry Potter, not when most of our kind regard him as the hero who made the Dark Lord disappear -- ah, Mr. Borgin."

I do like the Malfoys, WAIT WAIT, I like the Malfoys as characters. I would not want to meet them in person. I just find them very interesting (as all the characters of this series. They're so well developed that I can't hate any of them. Except Dobby and Lockhart I can easily dislike them.)

...the card propped on a magnificent necklace of opals, Caution: Do Not Touch, Cursed -- Has Claimed the Lives of Nineteen Muffle Owners to Date.

The cursed necklace that Katie Bell touched? Niceee.

"Nice big smile, Harry," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth, "Together, you and I are worth the front page."

Ugh, Lockhart.

Also as much as I am against fighting, I'm secretly pleased that Arthur fought with Lucius. (I'm always secretly pleased when men defend their loved ones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment