Friday, April 22, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 9 The Midnight Duel

Flying lessons begin and the Gryffindors are to take their lessons with the Slytherins. While at their flying lesson Malfoy taunts Harry into diving for Neville's rememberall. This leads to Harry being recruited to Gryffindor Quidditch team. Jealous, Draco challenges Harry to a wizard's duel which leads to nothing good.

At three-thirty that afternoon, Harry, Ron, and the other Gryffindors hurried down the front steps onto the grounds for their first flying lessons.

I found it interesting that Hermione was included in "the other Gryffindors" rather than with Harry and Ron. Thinking on the matter, it makes sense. Harry and Ron are friends and Hermione is just a fellow student. When I read the series I wasn't entirely oblivious to everything. Harry, Ron and Hermione were the bestest of friends and I knew that. So I never doubted the idea that eventually they would grow to like Hermione. Yet, ehere right now, if I had never read these books I would've thought she was more of a side character like Neville, Parvati, Dean or Seamus. (Not that Neville isn't wonderous.)

Wood? thought Harry, bewildered; was Wood a cane she was going to use on him? 

 Bahahahahahaha

"I'd take you up anytime on my own", said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only -- no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"
"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's your?"
Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle sizing them up.
"Crabbe," he said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

No no no no! Ronaald Weasleey! This is a bad idea you guys. Just step down. There's no need to fight.
Also, mental note: try to remember which of the two goonies dies in DH. If it's Crabbe that would be interesting. Though, I have a feeling it's Goyle...Not sure.

"Excuse me."
They both looked up. It was Hermione Granger.
"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying --"
"Bet you could." Ron muttered.
"-- and you musn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."
"And it's really none of your business," said Harry.
"Good-bye," said Ron. 

Nooo, guys! Listen to Hermione. She's right. This isn't going to solve anything, it'll just make things worse. This isn't worth anything. :(

I love that Neville and Hermione go with them. :]

It looked as though Harry had found out where the grubby little package form vault seven hundred and thirteen was.

Oh hush, JK Rowling. Maybe the thing overall brought them to a good conclusion. But fighting still isn't good! hmph

No comments:

Post a Comment