Monday, April 25, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 12 The Mirror of Erised

Harry celebrates his first Christmas at Hogwarts and the Weasley boys are there as well since their parents are going away. One of the presents Harry receives is an invisibility cloak given to him by a mysterious unnamed person. Harry decides to go in the restricted section of library in hopes of finding out who Nicolas Flamel is but after some events he ends up in a classroom with a strange mirror that shows him his entire family. He takes Ron the next night who sees something different. One another night, Dumbledore was waiting for him there and explained the mysteries of the mirror.


The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Professor Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

Little did they know they were repeatedly hitting Lord Voldemort right in the face. My that's such a humoring thought.

This is one of my most favorite chapters. It's such a lovely Christmas. I can't really quote my favorite parts because that would be just about the whole chapter. I think I love this particular Christmas of the different Harry Potter Christmases because everything is so innocent and carefree still. It makes me smile so much. Also, I want a Weasley sweater.

The mirror of Erised...so heartbreaking and so intriguing. I think I would like to have a peek and see what my deepest desire actually is.

The inscription by the way reads, I show not your face but your heart's desire.

I appreciate that JK Rowling acknowledges the fact that Dumbledore was lying (though I like to he was holding a pair of woolen sock while standing with his family).

The rest of the chapters of Sorcerer's Stone are all probably going to be lame like this one for this weekend was a bit hectic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment