Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 3 The Letters from No One

Harry receives a letter specifically addressed to him. When Vernon and Petunia discover this they grow very terrified. Letters continue to come everyday for Harry. Vernon goes to extreme lengths in hopes of preventing the letters from arriving all the way to the point of staying in a shack on a small rocky isle. As Harry counts down the seconds until his birthday, there's a loud knock on the door.

I think it's time for a song.
 

I just need to say. I understand the Dursleys too an extent. Petunia felt pushed aside as a child. She was jealous of Lily. Because of that she grew cold and bitter toward her sister. She wanted nothing to do with her sister. I understand, it may not be right but I understand it. Grudges can tear families apart
What I don't understand is how can they raise that child from infancy and have no affection for it? I appeal more to Petunia than Vernon here. Infants are so dependent. How could Petunia spend all that time caring for Harry and still hate him so. Yes, yes I understand he represents magic and Lily and all that stuff that would make her cold and angry. I just don't understand how such dislike can be held against, Harry.

Why yes, I am reading way too much into a children's book and then ranting about it.

So, I spent the majority of this chapter in disbelief that they could be so mean and ridiculous to Harry, particularly Petunia.

BUT the knock! Guess who's coming. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment