Sunday, April 24, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 11 Quidditch

As Harry's first Quidditch match draws near it seems like Snape is really trying to get that grubby little package. Not only that but is also seems Snape is trying to kill Harry during the game but Hermione distracts Snape and saves Harry. To top it off Gryffindor wins the game.





I wasn't much looking forward to this chapter as I'm not a fan the Quidditch scenes (they're a bit boring to me). I like watching them in the movie, though, and I'm so longing to play Muggle Quidditch. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not all of the chapter is just a Quidditch commentary.

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

Mmmmm sausage.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the fluttering banner high above, flashing Harry Potter for President over the crowd.

President of what? I don't understand. President of the Gryffindor House? Of the Gryffindor Quidditch team? Class President? President of Hogwarts? President of Magic?
Anyone want to explain that to me?

I thought that Lee Jordan's commentary at first was amusing but after reading it throughout the books and now rereading it, it's a bit annoying? I'm not sure what I think of it anymore. I guess it's an overused and tired style of commentary now?

Meh that's about it. This was an okay chapter.

1 comment:

  1. You are not helping me, but you need give me more info

    ReplyDelete